TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Booking Policy
- Cancellation Policy
- Environment Policy
- Health Policy
- Traveller Conduct Policy
- Refusal to Travel Policy
- General Terms and Conditions
1. Booking Policy
1. 100 % payment against booking of package.
2. Itineraries are prepared as a guideline only. Some variations/modifications may apply due to prevailing local conditions.
3. Details required for booking: As a condition of booking, you must provide the information requested by the WanderNow along with final payment. If you fail to supply information required by us for accommodation, permits, or other inclusions, you will also be liable for any costs, fees or losses including failure to obtain or provide that inclusion. In the event that you fail to supply information required by us, WanderNow also reserves the right to treat your booking (or the relevant component of your booking) as cancelled and levy any cancellation fees as per our Cancellation Policy. The information required by us will vary by trip and will be communicated to you or to your authorized agent during the booking process. We shall not be held responsible for any fees you incur as a result of errors, omissions, inaccuracies, late, misplaced or otherwise incomplete information you have provided.
4. As per government directions, all our foreign travellers are requested to carry their passport and valid visa copy and should present the copy of passport and visa at the check in desk of resort/hotel and houseboat.
5. Travel documents: It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates (including but not limited to vaccination or medical certificates) and insurance policies. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the trip, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred as a result of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by WanderNow that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. WanderNow does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
6. Anyone under the age of 18 on the date of first travel is considered to be a minor. All bookings with a minor are subject to review and approval by the WanderNow. If the consent of a parent, guardian or any other person is required by applicable law for any minor to travel, the accompanying adult is responsible for securing all consents, documentation and ensuring that they and the minor(s) meet all legal requirements to travel, to enter into and depart from applicable countries and regions.
WanderNow will not be responsible for any fees, damages, or losses incurred as a result of any failure to secure necessary consents, permits, and approvals.
Each adult on a booking with a minor or minor(s) is jointly and severally responsible for the behaviour, wellbeing, supervision and monitoring of such minor(s), and jointly and severally accepts our Terms and Policies for and on behalf of any minor(s) on their booking, including all assumptions of risk and limitations of liability. We do not provide care services for minors and expressly disclaims any responsibility for chaperoning or controlling any minor(s).
7. Fluctuations in travel duration & cruise time may happen due to unforeseen circumstances. You acknowledge that the nature of travel requires flexibility and acknowledge that you will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the WanderNow. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of WanderNow (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of WanderNow including your removal from a trip because of your negligence or breach of WanderNow policies.
8. Prices and Tax: WanderNow will not increase the price of your trip after you have paid in full unless you request for a change in the itinerary or the Government of India increases the tax from the current rate. Trips are priced and advertised inclusive of applicable taxes. From time-to-time we may offer reduced pricing on certain trips. Reduced pricing applies only to new bookings. Bookings where payment of at least an advance deposit has been received by us are not entitled to reduced pricing.
9. Please make sure the names given in the booking are as appearing in the passport.
2. Cancellation Policy
1. Cancellation before 90 days of arrival: 90% of the tour package cost will be reimbursed.
2. Cancellation between 60 – 89 days of arrival: 45 % of the tour package cost will be reimbursed.
3. Cancellation between 45-59 days of arrival: 25% of the tour package cost will be reimbursed.
4. Cancellation between 30-44 days of arrival: 15% of the tour package cost will be reimbursed.
5. Cancellation between 0-29 days of arrival: 0 % of the tour package cost will be reimbursed.
If payment terms differ from those outlined in this section, the applicable terms will be communicated to you prior to booking and will also be detailed on your invoice.
3. Environment Policy
1. Be an ecological tourist: Avoid disposable water bottles, plastic bags, littering. Do not remove or damage artefacts or historical objects at places you are visiting, do not remove objects from environmental/heritage sites.
2. WanderNow doesn’t use single use plastic bottles. You have to carry stainless steel water bottle and in the vehicle/destinations we provide purified drinking water cans.
3. Respect animal welfare: You are expected to refrain from supporting businesses that do not respect animal welfare. This includes purchasing items made from or harmful to animals. Do not support the purchase or traffic of items made from exotic or endangered animal products.
4. WanderNow doesn’t support cruelty towards animals or support elephant ride. Elephant parade is a part of some festivals in India, and it is not under the control of WanderNow.
5. Plucking of flowers, fruits, plants should be done with the permission of that particular land owner only.
6. Planting of a foreign plant/tree species are prohibited during our trip.
4. Health Policy
1. Hand Washing: You are strongly encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water after using the restroom and before eating or handling food. Medical experts say that one of the best ways to prevent contagious illnesses, like gastrointestinal viruses, colds and flu, from starting or spreading is to wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and hot water after using the restroom and again before eating or handling food.
2. Illness: In the event you experience symptoms that indicate a gastrointestinal illness, such as diarrhoea or vomiting, or know of someone experiencing these symptoms, you must advise the WanderNow staff immediately. In addition, some gastrointestinal illnesses remain contagious up to 72 hours or more after symptoms subside; therefore, if you or someone you know experienced such an illness just prior to your vacation, you must immediately notify our staff. This will permit us to take steps to reduce the chance that your illness will spread to others during the trip. Failure to immediately report a contagious illness to our staff, or to accurately describe its onset, greatly increases the likelihood the illness will spread to others and is a violation of our Traveller Conduct Policy.
3. Mental/Physical Health: By booking or traveling on WanderNow/s trip, you certify that you do not have any mental, physical, or other condition that would create a hazard for yourself or other participants. WanderNow reserve the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline or remove any person on a trip. We reserve the right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their judgment, they deem it necessary for your comfort, convenience, or safety and in accordance with these Policies.
4. Fitness to Travel Safely: WanderNow will use reasonable efforts to accommodate special requirements or requests but this is not always possible given the nature of the destinations visited and availability of options outside a planned itinerary. Certain activities may be inaccessible to you if your mobility is limited in any way.
5. Consult a Doctor: You are responsible for assessing whether a trip is suitable for you. You should consult your physician to confirm your fitness for travel and participation in any planned activities. You should seek your physician’s advice on vaccinations and medical precautions. We do not provide medical advice. It is your responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each aspect of the trip based on your own unique circumstances, limitations, fitness level and medical requirements.
6. Medical Information: WanderNow reserves the right to request further information or professional medical opinions where necessary, as determined in its discretion, for your safety or the safe operation of the trip.
7. Medical Facilities During the Trip: Travel with us may involve visiting remote or developing regions, where medical care may not be easily accessible and medical facilities may not meet the standards of those found in your home country. The condition of medical facilities in the countries you may visit on your trip varies and the WanderNow make no representations and gives no warranties in relation to the availability or standard of medical facilities in those regions.
8. Food Allergies: All food allergies and dietary restrictions must be disclosed to the WanderNow at the time of booking but we cannot guarantee that dietary needs or restrictions can be accommodated.
9. Pregnancy: Pregnancy is considered a medical condition and must be disclosed to us at the time of booking. We may refuse to carry women who are over 12 weeks pregnant. We may refuse to carry anyone with certain medical conditions if reasonable accommodation or alternatives cannot be arranged.
10. Accidents: WanderNow shall not be held liable for any accidents during the trip that may cause injury or death. If any vehicle accidents occur, we shall report it to the concerned local police station and we shall transfer that specific traveller to the nearby hospital. If any accidents occur during various experiences/ sightseeing in the itinerary, we shall transfer that specific traveller to the nearby hospital.
11. Medication: Traveller with pre-existing medical conditions must ensure that they bring an adequate supply of any medication they require for the entire duration of the trip.
12. Hot Weather: WanderNow provides Umbrella but doesn’t provide caps, sun glasses or any dress.
13. Medical Form for Expedition Tours: Our Medical Form is mandatory for all Expedition Tours. You must return your Medical Form signed by a licensed and practicing physician to us prior to or at the time of final payment for the applicable booking.
To facilitate our ability to continue to provide safe and enjoyable trip to our Guests/Travellers, we reserve the right to refuse to accept a booking request from an individual or group and reserve the right to cancel an existing reservation.
5. Traveller Conduct Policy
1. Respect everyone – fellow travellers, locals, WanderNow staff, service providers, the culture and the resources in the destinations you visit.
2. Follow your traditions and values, but do not let your biases offend others. Respect others’ values and beliefs too.
3. Refrain from entering a traveller’s room, unless invited.
4. Restrict yourself from using fellow traveller’s belongings without seeking permission.
5. Ask before you click pictures. Photographs make memories but it is against the interests and norms of certain cultures to click pictures of a person.
6. Abusive or violent behaviour is intolerable and any complaint regarding the same may lead to end of the tour or expulsion from it. Offensive, abusive or threatening language, uncalled physical contact, harassment, vandalism, solicitation, fake identities, possession of illegal substances/items or any other illegal or offensive conduct is against WanderNow’s policies.
7. Consumption of alcohol must be at your own risk. Travelers will be responsible for their actions at all times. Excessive consumption of alcohol that poses a risk to fellow travellers, WanderNow staff or you at risk will lead to removal from tour.
8. Consumption of illegal drugs are not permitted during any of our trip. Travelers using illegal substances are subject to prosecution under the applicable law and will be expelled from the tour.
9. Smoking is permitted in the designated areas only.
10. Any threat to safety and security or any concerns thereof, must be reported to the WanderNow staff immediately for a resolution. Delay in reporting it may delay addressing and handling of the situation.
11. You are responsible for any costs (including repair, replacement and cleaning fees) incurred by us or our vendors for property damage, destruction or theft caused by you while on a trip. You agree to immediately report any pre-existing damage to a representative of WanderNow and staff of the accommodation, transportation service, or facility as soon as possible upon discovery.
12. No weapon, explosive, fireworks, or other item that presents a risk of harm to persons or property, is permitted during our trip.
13. Do not swim or participate in water activities without guidance, under the influence of alcohol, or after sundown regardless of your abilities in swimming. Outdoor swimming is not included in any of our package/itinerary.
14. Be responsible. Say no to businesses or service that utilize child labour or are against child welfare. Restrict yourself from sexual tourism of any kind.
15. Respect the place and region you are visiting. The holy and significant places of a particular region are sacred for the locals. Adhere to dress codes, code of conduct, photography policies, be mindful of noise levels and respect the personal space of people at all times.
16. Following the dress code of the region you are visiting will help you blend better with the locals and call for better hospitality. Dress appropriately while visiting monuments, rural and remote areas and sacred places.
17. Avoid handing over gifts, sweets, or money to discourage begging.
6. Refusal to Travel Policy
WanderNow may refuse to accept a booking request from an individual, may refuse to transport any Traveller at any time or may stop any Traveller at any time, for any of the following reasons:
1. Government Request or Regulations. Whenever such action is necessary to comply with any government regulations, directives, or instructions.
2. Force Majeure. Whenever such action is necessary or advisable by reason of weather or other conditions beyond its control (including but without limitation, acts of God, force majeure, strikes, civil commotions, embargoes, wars, hostilities, or disturbances).
3. Search of Traveller or Property: When a Traveller refuses to permit search of his or her person or property for explosives, weapons, dangerous materials, or other prohibited items.
4. Proof of Identity: When a Traveller refuses on request to produce positive identification.
5. Travel Across International Boundaries. When a Traveller is traveling across any international boundary if: 1) the travel documents of such Traveller are not in order; or 2) such transportation would be unlawful.
6. Failure to Comply with Policies: When a Traveller fails or refuses to comply with any of the rules or regulations or Policies of WanderNow (WanderNow policies have been included in our Website – wandernow.in/terms-and-conditions)
7. Traveller’s Conduct or Condition: WanderNow will not refuse to provide transportation based upon race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, ancestry or sexual orientation.
Subject to those qualifications, we may refuse to accept a booking request from an individual, may refuse to transport any Traveller at any time or may stop any Traveller at any time:
a) When the Traveller’s conduct is disorderly, abusive or violent.
b) When the Traveller attempts to interfere with any member of our staff in the pursuit of his or her duties, or fails to obey the instruction of any member of WanderNow team.
c) When the Traveller has a contagious disease that may be transmissible to other Traveller during the trip.
d) When the Traveller’s behaviour may be hazardous to himself/herself, the crew, or other Travellers.
e) When the Traveller is seriously ill.
f) When the Traveller’s conduct creates an unreasonable risk of offense or annoyance to other Traveller.
g) When the Traveller’s conduct creates a risk of harm or damage the resort/ hotel/ houseboat, or the property of other Traveller.
h) When the Traveller attempts to sell or advertise products or services during the trip or engages in demonstrations or protests during the trip.
8. Any Traveller who on a previous trip with our affiliates, committed a violation of a Traveller Behaviour policy/Traveller Conduct Policy that resulted in the early removal of the Traveller, the denial of transport for the Traveller, or other disciplinary measures.
7. General Terms and Conditions
1. Travel Insurance: You are responsible for advising your insurer of the type of travel, destination(s) and activities included in your booking so that the insurer may provide appropriate coverage. You are strongly recommended to extend your coverage to include cancellation, curtailment, and all other expenses that may arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience while traveling. You acknowledge that insurance coverage is not included in the cost of any trip offered by us and you are required to obtain separate coverage at an additional cost.
2. Acceptance of Risk: You acknowledge that the degree and nature of personal risk involved depends on the products or services booked and the location(s) in which a product or service operates, and that there may be a significant degree of personal risk involved in participating, particularly participating in physical activities, travel to remote locations, carriage by watercraft, participation in “extreme sports” or other high-risk activities, or travel to countries with developing infrastructure. Standards of hygiene, accommodation and transport in certain countries where trips take place are often lower than the standards you may reasonably expect in your home country or region. You agree that WanderNow is not responsible for providing information or guidance with respect to local customs, weather conditions, specific safety concerns, physical challenges or laws in effect in any locations where a trip, product or service is operated. You acknowledge you have considered the potential risks, dangers and challenges and your own personal capabilities and needs, and you expressly assume the risks associated with travel under such conditions.
3. Safety Measures: You agree to take all prudent measures in relation to your own safety while on trip including, but not limited to, the proper use of safety devices (including seatbelts, harnesses, flotation devices and helmets) and obeying all posted signs and oral or written warnings regarding health and safety. Neither WanderNow nor our vendors are liable for loss or damages caused by your failure to comply with safety instructions or warnings.
4. Complaints: You agree to bring any complaints to WanderNow as soon as possible in order to provide us with the opportunity to properly address such complaint. You agree to inform your trip leader/ another representative of WanderNow directly. We assume no liability for complaints that are not properly brought to us and cannot resolve or attempt to resolve complaints until proper notice is provided. Any complaint made after the completion of a trip must be received in writing (or scanned copy of the written complaint) by WanderNow within 30 days of the last day of travel of the booking in question.
5. Liability: WanderNow and its parents, subsidiaries and their respective employees, affiliates, officers, directors, successors, representatives, and assigns shall not be held liable for (A) any damage to, or loss of, property or injury to, or death of, Traveller occasioned directly or indirectly by an act or omission of any other provider, including but not limited to any defect in any aircraft, watercraft, or vehicle operated or provided by such other provider; and (B) any loss or damage due to delay, cancellation, or disruption in any manner caused by the laws, regulations, acts or failures to act, demands, orders, or interpositions of any government or any subdivision or agent thereof, or by acts of God, strikes, fire, flood, war, rebellion, terrorism, insurrection, sickness, quarantine, epidemics, theft, or any other cause(s) beyond their control. You waive any claim against WanderNow for any such loss, damage, injury, or death.
6. Force Majeure: WanderNow will not be liable in any way for death, bodily injury, illness, damage, delay or other loss or detriment to person or property, or financial costs both direct and indirect incurred, or for our failure to commence, perform or complete any duty owed to you if such death, delay, bodily injury (including emotional distress or injury), illness, damage or other loss or detriment to person or property is caused by Act of God, war or war like operations, mechanical breakdowns, terrorist activities or threat thereof, civil commotions, labour difficulties, interference by authorities, political disturbance, howsoever and where so ever any of the same may arise or be caused, riot, insurrection and government restraint, fire, extreme weather or any other cause whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of us; or an event which we or our vendor, even with all due care, could not foresee any and all of which, individually and collectively, constitute “Force Majeure”.
7. Images and Marketing: You agree that, while participating in any trip, images, photos or videos may be taken by other participants, WanderNow or its representatives that may contain or feature you. You consent to any such pictures being taken and grants a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to us, its contractors, sub-contractors and assigns, to reproduce for any purpose whatsoever (including marketing, promotions and the creation of promotional materials by or with sub-licensees), in any medium whatsoever, whether currently known or hereinafter devised, without any further obligation or compensation payable to you.
9. Applicable law: The Contract and these Policies are subject to the laws of Kerala, India and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Kerala, India for the resolution of any dispute under these Terms/Policies or concerning any trips, product or service.
10. Amendments: WanderNow has the right to update or alter the policies at any time, and will post the amended Terms/Policies on our website at www.wandernow.in. Any amendment will take effect 48 hours after being posted to our website. An up to date copy of these Policies, as amended, may be accessed at any time on our website and will be sent to you upon written request to us. You are deemed to have accepted any amendments to these Policies on the date that is 10 days after their posting on our website. We recommend that you refer to the Policies prior to travel to familiarize themselves with the most up-to-date version available.
11. WanderNow, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS DIRECTORS, SUCCESSORS, REPRESENTATIVE AND ASSIGNES (COLLECTIVELY DEFINED AS “INFIRN LABS PRIVATE LIMITED”) ARE NOT LIABLE AND WILL NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, UPSET, DISAPPOINTMENT, DISTRESS OR FRUSTRATION, WHETHER PHYSICAL OR MENTAL, RESULTING FROM THE ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY PARTY.
12. Alternative arrangement shall be done to avoid inconvenience during hartal/bandh/ strike days.
13. A baby is defined as anyone between 0 – 12 months’ old
A toddler is defined as anyone between 1 – 3 years’ old
A child is defined as anyone between 4 – 11 years’ old
A teen is defined as anyone between 12 – 17 years’ old
A young adult is defined as anyone between 18 – 20 years’ old
An adult is defined as anyone between 21 – 49 years’ old
A senior adult is defined as anyone between 50 – 59 years’ old
A senior citizen is defined as anyone above 60 years’ old
If any traveller fails to adhere to the WanderNow Policies and poses a concern to the security, safety and comfort of other travellers, WanderNow reserves the rights to remove the traveller from the tour with immediate effect. WanderNow will also report such incidents to the local authorities and support legal actions thereof.
Travelers expelled from tours due to such incidents or non-adherence to policies will need to bear all costs related to removal including transportation back home. No refunds for the trip will be issued on account of removal due violation of Traveller Conduct Policy.
Establishing and articulating a Traveller Conduct Policy helps ensure that all guests are able to enjoy a fantastic, safe and secure experiential trip. WanderNow appreciates your support of this policy and hopes this will be the best trip you have ever had.